Sunday, August 4, 2013

My Ship Came In


Girl, you're not just out of my league~ you're out of the universe
You are my sweetest blessing after each and every curse

But each one brought me a step closer to a love I never dreamed
This reality is a fantasy, so much better than it seemed

I've been given a present~ a beautiful gift wrapped in Grace
And I open up the package~ each time I look at your face

Your eyes shine with joy and hope~ in your eyes I've found home
I had to come to the place I was no longer lonely; I was just alone

My glorious King filled my heart completely; overflowing the brim
He shined His radiant Light when my world used to be so grey and dim

I stood at the Harbor patiently waiting for my ship to come to shore
You are my Ephesians 3:20~ what I prayed for and so much more

God is teaching me daily what true love means and what it truly looks like
Learning it is more than exciting than when I first learned how to ride a bike

Each step of Earth's journey; I'll walk beside you through sun or storm
15 years later we are together~ 15 years after writing you from my dorm

Without Christ I'm just a boy, but with Him, I'll be your leader and your man
I promise to always pray for you, love you, be there for you and the kids as we follow God Almighty's plan.

I love you Sara and I am forever grateful for your love!

John Mark








No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...