Saturday, December 27, 2014

My Advice


Ever noticed how it's so easy to give advice yet so hard to follow it?
To simply spit the words out, but so difficult to swallow it

I don't have all the answers but I still continue to learn
The fire of ignorance is rampant--I keep pouring water-- I refuse to just let it burn

I've lived long enough to know, next to God, I don't know too much
But I do know man can't remain unchanged underneath the Potter's touch

I am the clay and He's the molder, shaping me with Grace not underneath strict laws
And loving me completely despite my many flaws

The wheel brings such pain, yet on it, I find healing
Only there do I learn all the times I hit the floor will only help me reach my ceiling

A work in progress to be expected . . . yes this much is certain
But God does His best work, when all is quiet, as He molds us behind the curtain

So I'll keep passing on what I know as I run this race called life
And pray my words bring hope and wisdom more than they bring pain or strife

If there is one piece of advice I could give it would be not to chase the wind
But to let the Potter shape you only after you make the Potter your Friend.

JMB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...