Thursday, December 13, 2018

Relief


I just need relief but unfortunately can't find it
Darkness surrounds me, but fortunately, I ain't blinded

Waves pound my boat, but the Creator sits beside me
Faith doesn't remove all doubt, but I still choose to believe blindly!

I have no strength, but I'm continuing to fight
I won't die in the shadows; I'll cling to the Light

I have moments where I panic and God says, "Be still"
I will be your Strength though your body is ill

You will find RELIEF when you turn to my Face
And you will find Hope when your weakness meets my Grace

For you are held, my child, you're the apple of my eye
Come let me hold you; it's OK if you cry

And I won't lie, at times, I'm confused and exhausted
There have been some times where I've straight up lost it

But my Anchor keeps my ship from going under
You keep it all together when the storm wants to tear it asunder

You can let the waves drown you or you can learn to surf
Though the devil is attacking me; this simply ain't his turf!

So, in this storm, I, simply, raise my hands in Glory
While sickness tries to erase; God's not done writing my story

John Mark Brooks
Nov. 23, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...