Tuesday, April 10, 2012

GLORY


You gave me this talent and in-turn I use it and give You the glory
Before the foundations of this earth you had already written my story

I give You glory not because of what You've done because of who You are
I worship You because not even sending Your Son to die was too much or too far

I fall to my knees in awe of Your beauty~ I am blinded by Your face
I'm overwhelmed by Your relentless mercy, truly drowned in Your grace

Glory! I shout out HallelujaH because you deserve all my praise
Worthy are you Jesus, my Sweet Savior, my God the Ancient of Days

I threw a fit, while You stood there saying, 'My son I know what's best'
Now I've learned to trust and obey Yeshua~ I've learned how to be blessed

But if I can't have You Lord I don't even want one crumb from Your hand
I just want to please You, not my flesh, I'm learning how to be Your man

I give You glory for You sit on the throne, but You're still with me in my room
I give you the praise, honor and glory for You died then rose from the tomb

I give You glory after all, that's simply what my life was designed to do
I give you glory because when I needed to be saved, you didn't say, 'Who?!'

Instead you rescued me before I even knew I was drowning
Your love spoke to my spirit & ever since has been resounding

Let me, every day, give You glory for You guiding me along life's path
Thank you for giving me hope and from keeping me from satan's wrath!

I GIVE YOU GLORY!!

John Mark Brooks
Copyrighted April 10, 2012





1 comment:

  1. Wow! Incredible! You are a true poet who really knows what being a Christian is truly about! If all self professed believers stopped worrying about what God was going to do for them and asked God what they could do for Him this world would be an incredible place.

    ReplyDelete

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...