Thursday, June 28, 2012

GRAC3

SO undeserved yet nonetheless true
Mercy, grace, forgiveness~ that's You

I could use every breath to sing Your praises and it still wouldn't be long enough
You've never let me walk alone . . . on the prairie low or terrain that's rough

If I do not praise you Lord, the rocks and trees will surely cry out
Fill me up with Your Living Water then turn me into a spout

May the words of my mouth and Your love, through me, surely get them wet
May the overflow of my heart go toward the price I owe, my endless debt

Grace so unspeakably great, yet, about it, I can not keep my mouth shut
Love that pulls me out of the deepest abyss, yes, out of any rut

I've run from you, eaten the devil's candy, but I'd rather have your bread
I've been disobedient, walked my own way, now by Your hand I'd rather be led

You quiet my storms with a whisper that can only be heard by my Spirit
You give me courage to climb any moutain by telling me not to fear it

I humbly bow my head as I lay my crown at Your beautiful feet
For You my Savior died, so taht I would not feel Hell's unbearable heat

2000 years ago the cost of grace flowed down that piece of wood
Golgotha the place where our very worst changed into better than good

No fancy words just a sincere 'thank you' as tears roll down this sinner's face
No easy solution just a sacrificial, perfect love~ a love we call GRACE.

John Mark Brooks
June 27, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...