Saturday, June 9, 2012

What's the Verdict? Part I


I can't breathe.

Sweat is on my brow, tears are in my eyes, the next two days will determine my fate.

I am praying for peace, but the evidence, not just circumstantial, is STACKED against me. This is not only my trial in the court case of Satan vs. Brooks, in the state of Salvation, this is my life.

What is the prosecutor after? My soul.

Day after day the Judge and jury have heard startling testimonies and admissions, eyewitness accounts and been bombarded with facts, opinions and first-hand accounts-- some bolstering the defense while the majority piled up to do nothing but strengthen an already strong case on the prosecutor's behalf.

'Your honor, it's clear the evidence points to the undeniable fact this man is a liar, a thief, a murderer, a fornicator, selfish, a HYPOCRITE (he hisses) and a FRAUD!!'

The Judge shakes His head as if to agree with the prosecutor's claims. He's been there and seen each incident, each indiscretion, that was brought to the attention of the court. Guilty will most assuredly be the verdict read just one day from now.

A smile spreads across Satan's face . . . one of arrogance, one of victory, one that is only brought about by the supreme confidence you are right.

'Objection!' My defense attorney is not going down without a fight.

'Your Honor, I would like to call to the stand a surprise witness, one final witness.

Surprise comes over the courtroom. You can hear a Q-tip hit the floor. Everyone is floored by what they just heard. Satan is shaken, but still is grinning. Until he hears this.

'I would like to call to the stand . . . the defense attorney pauses for effect. . . Jesus.'

As these words hit the air, a great gasp erupts in the courtroom.

The Judge bangs His gavel, 'Order in the court. Order in the court.'

Satan jumps up and down and slings his briefcase, notes and files off the table. This isn't fair he shouts. He is fuming.

'One more word out of you and I will hold you in contempt of court,' the Judge firmly declares.

Satan cowers. The feeling of inevitable victory now swept away.

As if things couldn't get any more bizarre, the defense attorney takes the oath, placing His right hand on the Bible and promising to tell the truth, nothing but the truth so help him God.

He takes the stand.

Satan is blown away by what he's seeing.

'You can't allow this Judge. This isn't permissible . . . this isn't allowed! The defense attorney can not also be a witness,' he shouts.

'It's my court room,' the judge calmly, but with great authority, declares.

Jesus starts, but instead of a self-examination it's more of a monologue or declaration.

'Nearly everything Satan says about my client is true. Mr. Brooks has been a liar, a thief, a murderer and a fornicator, but he is not a fraud or hypocrite. He is human, he is my brother and he is my son. Ladies and gentleman of the jury and Judge, I would like to present three pieces of evidence.'

What will He present?

All eyes are fixated on Jesus. Then with a swivel of His right hand, he points to the pieces of evidence~ A, B, C.

With my very soul hanging in the balance, what could He possibly say?

I am doomed yet NOT without HOPE!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...