Wednesday, April 24, 2013

TearS


Tears flow down my face~ tears of pain or tears of joy
Tears of a grown man or are they the tears of a little boy?

They burn my cheeks, but do the tears of my heart burn?
Years may pass, but still for it my heart continues to yearn

Dreams never die, they just turn into ashes and rise
Tears become Truth when tears used to be lies

Hurt becomes strength~ strength spawns survival
Where weakness meets Strength comes my soul's revival

Tears don't mean you're weak tears mean you're not scared to feel
Tears move things forward where regret makes time stand still

My heart's cup overflows where it used to weep like a willow
Tears dance down my cheeks where they used to fill my pillow

Down on my knees I accepted Jesus but that's been 20 years
It's been a long, hard journey~ my birth that began with TEARS

John Mark Brooks
Copyright April 24, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...