Wednesday, June 19, 2013

God in the Daily


At first it was nothing more than someone being rude early in the morning on, imagine this, a Monday.

"Man, that guy sure needs his coffee," I thought.

I said good morning to no response, as he took the buggy I was offering him as I started my day off as a loader.

Then it hit me that's how we are with God.

We are very quick to take gifts, what we call blessings, from Him, but we ignore whatever He is trying to say to us. His revelation, His loving words, His direction . . . we miss it! He wants to spend time with us and all we care about is receiving something. Sometimes it's blatant apathy, as to why we don't respond, other times it's because we simply don't hear Him-- either way we miss out on the most valuable thing this life can afford fellowship with our Creator and Savior.

The second incident, that caused me to pause for reflection, was what many would view as sheer stubbornness.

"Sir, do you need help pushing one of those carts," I asked as a man pushed two lumber carts, loaded down with wood, to his car as he steadily talked on his cell phone.

"No, I got it. Thanks though," was his reply.

"Are you sure," I pleaded.

"Yep, I can handle it," he shot back in terse fashion.

That's just dumb, I thought, I am offering my help and he won't take it. No sooner did I think that; I thought of Matthew 11:28-30 about how the Lord will take our burdens and make our yokes easy. Yet, just like that customer . . . we so often times don't let Him!

As evident as it was he needed help, I couldn't help but think of how it's just as evident to God when we are loaded down, tired, burdened, and because of His great love for us, He wants to help, but we push Him away.

The Creator wants to make our lives less stressful, wants to help us tackle any of our problems and take away our Great Sadness, alleviate our hurts, and we refuse His advances of Love.

Then the final way I saw God at work, recently, was I was pulling four garden carts, like trolleys, with customers lined up at both cash registers, leaving just a small alley-way, of passage, to get the carts to their destination.

And something funny happened. Not one person was concerned I was going to run over their feet . . . in fact, not one person moved an inch. The only reason I could think was my uniform. THEY TRUSTED ME because of my uniform. I'm supposed to know what I'm doing-- that uniform is a tangible example illustrating just that.

That's when I received an incredible revelation. Jesus has the MOST impressive uniform ever known to mankind-- two holes in His palms, so shouldn't we TRUST He knows what He is doing . . . shouldn't we trust when He says He is working ALL things together for our good (Romans 8:28) He is doing just that? Or that when He says, through Paul, 'Our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us,' (Romans 8:18) that we can accept that as the truth?  Shouldn't we believe Him, and take Him at His word, when He says He not only blots out our trangressions (sins), but He remembers them no more (Isaiah 43:25)?

Crowns on His head, the robe dripped in the blood He shed for us on Calvary, the iron scepter to rule the nations (Rev. 19:11-16).  He knows what He is doing and He already is 'there' before we even know the problem exists, so shouldn't we trust Him?

After all, He has the uniform.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...