Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Growing old with Grace~ to my Mamaw


You may have lost your memory, but you've still grown old with grace
And you've always known how to bring a smile to my face

I remember summers in Elk Park just like they happened yesterday
Being six, standing on the porch, you showed me the Way

Down at the creek, at the pond, in the yard or on a swing
These memories play a sweet chorus~ oh listen how they sing!

Growing up, you always knew what words you needed to say
And those words were often said, with your head bowed, as you took my hand to pray

You and Papaw would sit, in the living room, with a Bible in your lap
God not only led your marriage, but His Word was the map

Y'all raised three great children-- two boys and one girl
And I'm blessed, 34 years ago, it was she who introduced me to this world

You've always been there beside me, my special buddy, right by my side
I humbly walk in gratitude, but in my Mamaw I take much pride

All the knowledge, wisdom, faith and love, you've shared with me over the years
You've taught me there is nothing too broken for Jesus and to choose faith over my fears

It's a blessing for you to live so long; you got to watch your grandchildren have greats
I will cry when you go to Heaven, but I will smile because I know Papaw and your parents will meet you at the gates! JMB



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...