Wednesday, December 11, 2013

The Pho3nix


He made beauty from ashes from the flames I rise
That's what grace is, creating truth from a heap of lies

See, I was deserving of death and not a single thing more
Yet, You loved me so much, as You cried and Your blood started to pour

In the flames and burning that's where I was destined, and bound, to go
You pursued me, bathed me, then washed me white as the purest snow

Out of the ashes You called me by name, "Come forth" You are my hand's very best
Father don't you know my dirt, my shame, how can You let me ride Your wave like a crest?

Know what I've done-- been a hypocrite, a sinner, an addict, served two masters, I was fake
Posed as a sheep when I was a wolf, a tender bunny when I was closer to a snake

Still I rise, still I rise . . . the Phoenix undeserving and so beautiful-- makes Barbie blush
You Raise Me Up like I'm Josh Grobin~ you quiet my spirit, in the storm, oh what a hush

You made a way for me Jesus, the army was closing in then you parted the Red Sea
Of Your grace I can't contend, Your love, your mercy, your power has set me free!

Out of the grave, out of the inferno into these clouds I fly like an eagle~ I soar
I chased the wind, but you were patient, until I found I wanted You more

Rise me up above the hills, be my Strength, put a crown on my head
I only want it, so I can cast it at Your feet, in worship, when I'm dead

JMB











No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...