Saturday, July 30, 2016

Intentional Grace

I'm filthy, misguided, disgusting and hard to love, sometimes . . . I am impatient, I am unkind, I am, at times, still an addict, but JESUS loves me wholly and completely!! People say, "you're a hypocrite"~ I sure am sometimes. People say you're not worthy of love . . . They are right! People say there is a special place in hell for me-- there would've been if not for Jesus, dying for me, otherwise they would've been right!

I am DEEPLY flawed, in one area in particular, but MUCH better than I used to be!! I am so disobedient, so rebellious, beyond stubborn, I mean stubborn upon stubborn upon stubborn, but God sees His Son when He looks at me!! He sees not only His Son, but He made me His son-- He adopted me and grafted me in to the Royal Family!!!

I am NOT just beauty that came from ashes! I am BEAUTIFUL!! I am a beaten-up, rusted trumpet . . . A RAGAMUFFIN of Grace and His intentional, unconditional Love!! I only have A chance because chance had NOTHING to do with it at all!!!

I fall short every day. I don't walk in the victory I have been so freely given-- the one that came with the ultimate price, but God, the Rock, says I ROCK!! I say what about the sin? What about the dirt? What about the times, numerous to say the least, and ways I've failed You? He says, "I don't remember!" Though you fall short . . . You NEVER fall short to me!

You are my perfect creation . . . You are fearfully and wonderfully made! While there are so many times I fail Jesus-- there is NEVER a single time He fails me!! More than the grains of sand . . . More than the drops of ocean; I LOVE YOU my child!!

People ask me, "How do you believe in God?" "Why do you believe?" Because of moments like the ones I just experienced where I feel His Love in a REALER way than the rays of sun on my skin or goose-bumps on my arm!!!

People call out and say, "I saw you with Jesus . . . You're one of His disciples!" And I say no, no that's not me, you must be mistaken, but as I get older, and grow in wisdom, I am learning how to say you're right!! I've been with God . . . I walk with God, and against ALL rationale He chooses to live in me and walk with me! When I fall down; He picks me up and if I'm too weak to walk-- He carries me! If I fall to pieces~ He mends me! HE puts me back together!! My God~ my God that humbles me and makes me grateful beyond words!!!

If you ask me why I LOVE Jesus, I can only say look at HIM-- don't look at me . . . Look at Him in the midst of the my greatest accomplishments and in the presence of my worst defeats! Look at Him! Don't look just at what He has done, or is doing, in your life~ but really look at HIM! You will see BEAUTY beyond our imagination and LOYALTY that would put all the kennels of the world to shame!

His Grace will sustain you~ His Grace will give you strength when you have none~ His Grace covers a field full of sin~ His Grace is ALL we need! If Grace is more present than the air we breathe~ then why won't we let it embrace us the same way? So, you can say all the ways I've failed Him, but I will never stop speaking of ALL the reasons I love Him!

My King 👑 my Father~ my Savior~ my Friend~ my Strong Tower~ my Refuge~ my Sanctuary past the end!!! I love YOU Jesus and I am unashamed of that Love~ ashamed of me, but infinitely PROUD of YOU!

it's OK to let people know we don't have it all together~ for without the One who gives us breath . . . It, no matter how sturdy it is, or how hard we worked for it, no matter how indestructible it is, will FALL APART! And without Jesus; we fall apart too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...