Sunday, April 26, 2020

Stripped Away


Sometimes God will let our hearts get shattered so we can grow 
Mines been broken and tattered, but it’s not cold like the snow 

I’ve learned compassion through all of the hurt 
A sample of the passion being drug through the dirt 
Without the valley, I’d never know the beauty of the peak 
In the wilderness, we learn to be quiet and listen to You speak 

When it’s all stripped away, we hone in on that one single sound 
And without any delay, we learn it’s OK to drown 
Drown in Your Love not in the pain or being broken  
How could we doubt the One Whose words are the sweetest we’ve ever heard spoken? 

I would love nothing more than to say it’s really that simple 
I’ve heard Your voice at home, felt You move in the temple 
But that doesn’t stop this fickle heart from claiming it knows best 
When things go wrong, it’s easy to forget how we’re blessed! 

At the end of the day, I’m just an imperfect man 
Who finds it easy to sway and stray from Your plan 
So, here I am down on my knees crying out for help 
Thankful Your Grace isn’t just out of reach like the top shelf 

Mercies are new and the greatest Love I’ve ever known 
Yet, somehow I’m rewarded for every good seed I’ve sown 
I know I don’t deserve it, I’m just a broken jar of clay 
And no matter how many times I fall, I will praise You the rest of my days! 

                         +Hope Abounds+ 
                                   JMB




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...