Sunday, April 19, 2020

The Weeping Willow

The Weeping Willow

Heart hurts, invisible tears on my pillow

Flowers bloom right next to the weeping willow

Losses chip away at me like I’m made of granite

So many regrets, wish i could do it all over again— damn it

But don’t misunderstand it, the whole play wasn’t bad

Just certain acts hurt, the regret makes me mad

Why couldn’t see what I so clearly see now?

Wish I tended to the garden, now all I can do is plow

I’ve screwed up more times than my name got written on the board

But my name is on the hand of the Most High Lord

I’m His affection the apple of His eye

Like a balloon that inflates me when I find it hard to get by!

Sigh . . . Life is a roller coaster full of twists and how it can suddenly turn

How do You make beauty from ashes when all I do is burn?

Say, “I’m fine” with a smile on my face

Sometimes I wish life was softer like lace

But GRACE means regardless of how much I’ve failed and tried

His song over me is Truth no matter how much life lied!

Whispers pierce my heart like nails through His wrists

Try to hold onto life as it slips away like a midst.

+Hope Abounds+ JMB ✍️

+ Part of being an artist, a creator, is to express emotions you’ve felt, or maybe people close to you are feeling, even if you’re not feeling them when you write it . . . So, please don’t ask me if I’m fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...