Monday, April 19, 2010

As You Leave

Wish I could erase this pain just as easily as I shut my eyes
Why is it the truth is so much harder to accept than lies?

My heart is broken~ I mean I feel so hopeless
Our time together was magical... like hocus pocus

The way your eyes twinkled is something I've never seen
Roarin rapids are my life~ how I long for them to be serene

This is what you chose, so don't you dare blame fate
I sat on the bench so long because you asked me to wait

And now I watch you walk away & there's nothing I can do
Except bury my hands in my face as my eyes cry out how much I love you

Hurt is what I've grown used to feeling; I am comfortably numb
Truth is I don't know what happened to us or who you have become

Our time was a beautiful flight, but I didn't know it would burst into a flame
You let forever slip through your fingers & man that is a shame!

So, as you walk away, I can only think of what might've been
There go my unborn children, my heart & my best friend! :o(

JM Friday April 16, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...