Friday, April 23, 2010

Done with the Fight

I've returned to camp with my sword in my sheath
Turns out victory today was just out of my reach


With blood on my arms & sweat dripping from my brow
I've survived this bloody battle though I do not know how


The arrows flew through the air & they were unrelenting
I doubted I would return, but my God was consenting


A warrior must simply know when to return to camp
But there are will be another battle when I return as champ!


With faith as my shield, I trudge toward my enemy with all my might
For the cross is my lantern & guides my way through the night

Words of hope out of letters by the camp-fire of a love from yesterday
Asking the Lord would reunite us after this war~ for this I shall pray

A soldier does not dare fight unless he's willing to give his very life
As we know, to the victor go the spoils, so he pays no mind to the strife

Though a thousand fall on each side, he knows who it is for whom he will fight
Her face is etched in his memory & he believes victory's within his sight!

Copyright John Mark Brooks April 25, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...