Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Can't Tell You WHY

I can't tell you why we have to lose love
or why a gentle carress turns into a shove

I can't tell you why it is innocent blood spills
Or why so many people have to go without meals

I can't tell you why this life is so hard
Why sometimes I owuld love my hand... if I had just that one card!

I can't tell you why we struggle so to find out way
When we would find our purpose if we would just hit our knees to pray!

I can't tell you why some people never seem to catch a break
But I do know God wants to give them an ocean & not a hopeless lake

I can't tell you why we are so focused on money, women & fame
To think any can bring joy and peace~ is to search & just find lame

I can't tell you why guilty men still are able to walk free
But if he would just open his eyes~ he would learn how to see

I can't tell you why I'm still alive and not 6-feet under the dirt
After the destruction I've left in my wake & all the people I've hurt

I can't tell you why he's only 3 and find his self fighting cancer with a bald head
And why he's 40 and perfectly healthy, but still finds his self wanting to be dead

What I can tell you is that NO MATTER WHAT God is always faithful & GREAT
But I can't tell you why this mean cruel world seems to carry so much weight!!

John Mark Brooks Copyright July 14, 2010 8:06 p.m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...