Sunday, July 11, 2010

AMAZED

I stand here fully amazed
That You were broken, so that I could saved!!

Amazing is Your grace so many times we have sung
Without Your blood death was bound to have stung

Amazed & humbled~ how could You become a Man?
The Creator, the Master the CEO... the Architect of THE Master plan

Unheard of, yes, but in the warmth of Your love, I stand in awe
You gave Your life for me, but still I ignore Your plan for me & my call

I am nothing but a blade of grass, but You love me like I'm the whole lawn
When compared to Your Creation.. I would think I would be as exciting as a yawn!

AMAZED... yes, amazed~ no words could ever do the job or suffice
To speak of Your love, Your mercy, Your grace & of Your dear sacrifice!

Like standing at the foot of a mountain & feeling so minute and small
You saw me deny You, spit in Your face & STILL You went through with it all!

They kicked You, punched You, lashed You with glass, bone on a whip
They laughed at You, mocked You, bloodied the King's head & His lip!

How can I not be amazed that You would reconcile us to You after all we had done
Not only that, but for doing it ALL in ONE simple/AMAZING act~ sacrificing Your Son!

If chasing anything other than You is just a chasing after the wind
Then I am amazed I could think ANYTHING else could bring me happiness no matter how hard I try to pretend!

Many people still doubt You... & one day how they are going to be amazed
When You say depart me, I never knew You, it's too late to be saved!!

Copyright John Mark Brooks July 11, 2010 (3:53 a.m. poem started at 3:40 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...