Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm On My Way


Little boy waiting on the porch with tears in his eyes

His Mom's called a million times just to hear his Daddy's lies

Still their son hoped he would hear his Daddy say~ I'm on my way


Don't give up my son, I'll be there in a bit

Yes, it's a long road, but it will be worth the trip


She is 89 & no memory remains of much

But they were married 60-plus & she can not forget his touch

The doctor tells the family there's not much we can do

And they start to cry, but it's like she already knew


& I heard her say...


Don't give up my love, I'll be there in a bit

It's been a long road, but you make it worth the trip


With so much hurt and despair in this world we've living in

So many wars, so much death and so much sin... I can hear Him say


I'm on my way~ don't give up my son I'll be there in a bit

It's been a long ride, but it's certainly been worth the trip


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...