Saturday, December 29, 2012

In Awe


Holy God I am humbled, I truly stand in awe of you
I look for the Son when the world tries to hide my view

You never give me a rock when your son asks for bread
So I'm simply asking for Your hand and that I may be led

You raised these dry bones up and then You gave me life
That's why I'll praise You no matter the pain or strife

People want to bring my past up, cast stones and make these allegations
I'm just trying to tell them about You~ the King of Kings and the Lord of Nations

I'm in awe of Your ways and the love You continue to extend
When at times I treat You like an enemy and not my best friend

Lord I give You praise after all look at what You've brought me through
In Christ the old has passed away-- you've made this creature new

Broken all 10 Commandments with my hands or in my mind
So I'm thankful for Your blood how you died for all mankind

Though I know chasing anything other than You is just chasing after the wind
That doesn't stop me from chasing it til my feet are tired then chasing it again

I'm so in awe of You my King; I'm so awed by Your grace
Give me strength to live for You and to always seek Your face.

JMB

Copyright John Mark Brooks Dec. 29, 2012




No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...