Saturday, June 29, 2013

Just One Drop


No matter who loves you, who hates you, who lies in wait to watch you fail or who supports you . . . they can't take it away from you!

And although God has equipped you with the resources; it won't be given to you.

What am I?

ONE DROP. As I was watching the new release movie Cloud Atlas where I am in life and the tool of motivation crossed in the perfect way, creating a flawless intersection.

"All you will make will be nothing more than a drop in the ocean."

"What is an ocean, but a multitude of drops?"

The epiphany struck me like an unforecasted lightning bolt . . . the aforementioned crossroads come with a built-in choice-- this choice? To take this tool of motivation and, through faith, hard work, gratitude and discipline, make my drop by going right or turning left onto the familiar road of Laziness Lane, which merges on to the Procrastination Highway and you guessed it . . . that highway leads to the city of Failure.

We all come to this cross road. That's inevitable. What matters is what we DO when we come to it!

The Right Turn

I'm taking a right. Maybe this road, many never take, leads to me making my drop, making my life's mark with my God-given talent. It could end with a drop, a creek, a river, a lake or an ocean. It could be as unassuming as a mud puddle or it could take me the world by storm like a Tsunami, but one thing is definite . . . you can't even create a drop without turning right.

For many, it's not just a cross road . . . it is a U-Turn. For me, as someone who went the wayward path of sexual addiction . . . it most certainly has been! I truly believe in order to get on the right path, in terms of motivation, ambition and vision, you must first start the ongoing, lifelong surrendering process to Christ and quit worshiping yourself. (John 3:30) To match talent with our biggest purpose on Earth, to give God the glory, is one of the most rewarding blessings this life can afford breathed out of the very mouth of our Gifter.

I am no millionaire. I am not 'famous.' I am not idolized by the multitudes, but I am determined not to, one day, find myself in a rocking chair saying, "I would've, could've, should've, but didn't!" So my approach is simple-- I'll, each step of the way, (whether I reach 10 people or millions) give God ALL the glory! I believe our lives, gifts, talents and blessings are all from God for God (James 1:17). If money comes, if fame knocks on my door, or if I make but a single drop . . . I will be faithful with that drop. What I will not do is bury my talent (Matthew 25:14-30)-- not because of my past, not due to laziness, undiscipline or out of fear.

Make Your Drop

Your drop is not 'chasing' your dream . . . it's doing your dream. It's leaving something behind for posterity-- it's your legacy. I believe when you are obedient to the vision you've been given . . . something magical happens. The reward is amazing of reaching your goal, your destination, but, as long as you are doing your heart's desire, the whole journey is special . . . not just where you end up as a result.

Whether that means as a student, going back to school, trying to make it as a writer, becoming an entertainer or just being a great parent, or making that ever-elusive change; Go after creating your one drop and you may just make an ocean!

Hebrews 12:1-2 "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles. And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, 2. Fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith.



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...