Thursday, October 22, 2009

Here I Am

Mad, sad, frustrated, discouraged, so full of despair
Sometimes I swear I wish that I didn't even care
Bit every fingernail on my hand down to the very quick
Nothing & yet everything is so wrong, why am I so sick?

Tears flood my face, my heart is overtaken by pure grief
Feels like I'm caught up in the widn & I am just a leaf
Me, the Prodigal, wanders... am I running back to the Father?
This life is SO full of pain & sorrow, why is it that I bother?

Kneeling, falling at your feet, I'm SO unworthy of this pure love
Your touch is so gentle & tender, this life is more like a shove
Continuing to trust & believing for the breakthrough I SO desperately need
Knowing it would've happened much sooner if I would've just let you lead

But how I continue to run this race when so many want me to fail?
When there is no wind on the water, how is it that I continue to sail?
I guess the same way I continue to stand strong even though at times I sway
And I'm crying out with all that's within me, 'Here I am Jesus, have your way!'

Perfection in me simply doesn't exist, but that doesn't mean my faith is insincere
Pull that log out of your eye, before you spoint out my speck, what is it that you fear?
So, here I am standing in front of You, smelling like a pig covered in mud & the muck
Wow, I'm SO thankful for Your grace, You loved me too much~ You simply wouldn't let me get stuck!!

Copyright John Mark Brooks Oct. 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...