Tuesday, October 20, 2009

JESUS

On the corss all my sin was wiped away
I began my new life, before I was born, on that day
My future became bright, like the sun, but I hadn't left the womb
We all got the victory when the stone was rolled away from the tomb
Ceasing never to amaze me, you accept me just as I am or what I become
Only asking in the process, I never forget who I am and where I'm from
Child of the creator, son of the greatest Man to walk the earth
And to think all of this happened before my existence, before my birth
Citizen of Heaven, destined for prosperity, success and fame
You clothed us in righteousness and bestowed on us a new name!
Before I was even imagined, you loved me as your own child
I came into this world & abused you, but still you reconciled
That's true love & acceptance, without conditions... so unlike us
When sometimes we cease to talk to a brother just because of a little fuss
So, I stand here forever grateful... for claiming me, naming me and calling me your son
While my soul longs to hear the words, 'Well done my faithful servant, well done!'

Copyright John Mark Brooks 2006

1 comment:

  1. Amen brother, Amen... This is very well written man...Jesus has blessed you with the talent of writing and giving His Word...Use it and make Him proud- J-Mac

    ReplyDelete

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...