Thursday, October 22, 2009

Is your Rearview Mirror Bigger than your Windshield?

Here's a question for you... is your rearview mirror bigger than your windshield? Meaning are you so busy being held hostage by your past, you can't operate or function in the present and aren't able to move into the future??

How do I feel about 2006: Wow, to be honest with you... it sucked! Lost my little sister to a car accident on June 10, lost my marriage and most that was because of my own doing ( although I never should've married my ex-wife, she is a good woman), lost our dog (to death~ she had cancer, so we had to put her sleep... one of the hardest things I've EVER done) and my brother-in-law died at the age of 46.

All of that made for a rough 2006, but what made all of that & more even harder to deal with is the fact, I quit watering my relationship with the Lord and just liek with any plant when you don't water it (or water it sparingly and without consistency) my relationship didn't die & it never will, but it did wilt and was close to death at times.

I wish I could press reset button especially to redo certain mistakes I made, but then again that wouldn't be life would it? Instead of dwelling on all the would'ves, could'ves & should'ves, I'm choosing to focus on all the awesome things Jesus has in store for my future!!

He promises in Jer. 29:11 & Romans 8:28 that He always has my best interests at heart & I believe Him~ not only do I believe Him, but I now regardless of how much I've shamed myself and failed Him and others (that I love deeply) in the past year, He still is going to use me in an awesome and mighty way!

In my career & in my day-to-day journey we call life, I'm going to rededicate myself to the calling that's on my life! All I ever wanted for my life is to at the end of the day hearing my Lord & Savior say the words 'Well done my good & faithful servant!'

Because that's the closest He'll ever come to telling a lie... the truth is we didn't do that great of a job while we were here on earth (if you look at the times we failed Him & mankind), but covered in His mercy, grace & love, He is able to say that & it is the truth! :o)

I want to hear those words & I want to know the Lord was able to use me to make a difference in thousands of people's lives! I'm NOT concerned with wealth, power or fame... I just want to answr the call on my life in a humble & dedicated manner!

I just wanted to share my heart. I'm looking into the future! I'm believing 2007 will be much more blessed & prosperous than '06 was & I will NEVER let my rearview mirror become bigger than my windshield!

Life is about lessons & I've learned some of the most painful ones I've ever had to learn this past year, but I will take with me those lessons & strength, knowledge & wisdom and become a better man, a better son, a better brother, a better friend & most of all a better disciple!!

Jan. 13, 2007 John Mark Brooks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...