Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Torn

Ripped and shredded, beaten & torn
Hoping I was just asleep & dreaming, wishing I was snorin
My heart is still faintly beating, but it's shattered into pieces
And I'm on my knees, crying out, just screaming the name of Jesus
So many blessings fill my life, so why is it that I am down?
Invisible tears soak my pillow, I really don't want to drown
But yet, I'm swept away by these waves, can't even see the shore
My soul cries out in pain, my mind is tormented, I hurt to the very core
Still, I know where to find comfort, yes, I know where to find peace
Crawling up in the arms of God & just crying is such a sweet release

Copyright John Mark Brooks 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...