Thursday, October 22, 2009

Walking Away

Sometimes the hardest thing to do is walk away
WE've been through so much~ I really don't know what to say
We climbed the mountain only to come tumbling back down
& although it hurts to say it~ I can't see you come back around

Sure to hold you would be heaven... to kiss you like a dream
You're on my heart so much, I just want to scream
Why do I still reach for you when I know you're not there?
Why do I still smell your perfume & feel my fingers running your hair?

In some ways you touched me in a way I didn't even know exists
Then turn around & hurt me and then I'm cussing~ I'm so pissed
I chalk it up to at least we tried~ damn another lesson I had to learn
So many days & so many ways & now I just have to let it burn?

If we do, can you imagine just how many flames it's gonna take?
I mean how much wood has to burn to undo when a heart breakS?
Seemed like we were so right for each other~ just came along at the wrong time
Close my eyes & imagine us~ that's the only way you'll ever once again be mine

If loving you is wrong, then the truth is, I really didn't want to be right
So, although the flame remains, in my heart there is no more light
I don't even have to close my eyes to be able to hear you call out my name
But the only thing I can do is walk away~ the only way to avoid the pain!

Copyright John Mark Brooks May 12, 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...