Wednesday, October 21, 2009

WaitinG

Many women show interest wanting to be the lady on my arm
But they don't my heart is taken; I know they mean no harm

In my dreams, a thousand times, I have tasted your sweet lips
Wrapped you in my arms & ran my fingers down your hips

Walked down the road in the pouring rain though it's not happened yet
Holding hands under an umbrella~ don't worry I won't let you get wet

I see me underneath the moonlight, gazing into your eyes
Finding truth in your pupils when in all the others, I just found lies

Us cuddled up by the fireplace while a movie is playing
I can see it so vividly, I wish you would stop delaying

Lying on our backs while overhead the planes are landing
Please hurry up, I just want you here~ sorry to sound demanding

Every time I see a couple, thoughts of you flood my mind
Hoping your trip doesn't take much longer & I run out of time

Writing I love you in a steamed-up mirror, so you can see it when you get out
An once-in-a-lifetime kind of love~ one we've both dreamed about

I know you're riding first-class on the In His Time Express
Just as long as you get here soon, the exact time matters less

A rose here, a letter there & now you're wondering what's next
Opening every single door & starting your morning off with a sweet text

I've got it all pictured, the only thing I'm missing is you
I know you're on your way, but I'm so tired of waiting~ yet, it's the only thing I can do!

Copyright John Mark Brooks March 16, 2009

1 comment:

  1. Hey John Mark. Wow, I didn't know you're a writer. It's very good! You're gonna really enjoy blogging. I've got my own blog and I've gotten to know so many great Christians. Look forward to reading more of your work. See ya on FB and of course at my blog. You're welcomed anytime.

    Take care,
    Michelle (Miti)

    ReplyDelete

Dream a Little Dream

Close your eyes. With your eyes closed, I want you to picture your biggest dreams. A tall order for sure. But not only your biggest d...